You are here
Check out the guides and videos below for how Lender's can upload/attach PDF documents, such as digital or photocopy versions of articles, directly to a request within Illume. And how Borrower library ILL Staff or Patrons (via Guest Patron "Guest ILL Tracking" or with Borrower Patron Email Notices set-up) can then download the attached document directly from Illume!
REMINDER: Documents uploaded within Illume for ISO partner libraries (KPU, RRU, SFU, TRU, UBC & UVic) cannot be viewed without logging into Illume. Instead we recommend you copy & paste your document URL into a separate email to send directly to the ISO library. The Illume Document URL will still include your download restrictions!
|Your Patrons - Watch a quick overview video on how your patrons can download from Patron Tracking or via email with Patron Notices configured. [No sound]||Watch Video [3m:24s ; MP4]|
|Lenders - Watch a quick video on how to "Upload Document" directly to your request. [No sound]||Watch Video [1m:56s ; MP4]|
|Borrowers - Watch a quick video on how to "Download Attachments" of documents sent with your requests. [No sound]||Watch Video [38s ; MP4]|
Lenders Upload/Attach PDF Documents
- Upload (Lenders): Click the "Upload Document" link to add your copy item directly to a request.
With the update to v18.104.22.168 on November 29th, this feature has been modified to include download and date range limits as part of the upcoming enhanced Desktop Delivery feature to deliver interlibrary loan copy requests directly to patrons.
Recommended: When uploading your document directly to Illume we recommend you always leave the maximum defaults of 5 download attempts and 90 days expiry to allow the Borrower library flexibility with providing the resource directly to their patrons.
Use the "Choose File" button to browse to the file on your computer and add a Description (recommend the article or item title) and click Submit to save/upload your document. The maximum access settings should be the default options.
Borrower ILL Staff or Patron Download
- Download (Borrower ILL Staff): Click the "Download Attachments" link to view all items uploaded to your request.
A new "Uploaded Files" window will pop-up with all the attached downloads. Click the Download link to save a copy of each attachment to deliver to your patron. Note: With upcoming additionals to Desktop Delivery the patron will be able to download directly from Illume!
Warning: Each time the 'Download' link in the 'Uploaded Files' new window/pop-up is clicked it will count against the maximum number of downloads set by the Lender - default is five (5) clicks. We recommend that ILL Staff try to click the link as few times as possible, such as if staff want to save a back-up PDF, to allow the patron more chances to click the download link.
- Download (Patrons): Patrons can use the Guest Patron "Guest ILL Tracking" login to download the attached document as soon as the Lender library has "Shipped" the request. The link is also available to patrons via an email notices link, once the status of the item is "Received", if the borrower library has activated the "Received with Attachments" notice within their Participant Record > Patron Notification Set-up.
- March 9, 2019 - SHAREit V6 has fixed the "Electronic Attachment" link directly in patron tracking. Download links are now available directly in "Guest ILL Tracking" and also sent through automatic email notices.
- July 17, 2019 - SHAREit V6 is missing the "Electronic Attachment" link directly in patron tracking. Download links sent through automatic email notices continue to work. Auto-Graphics is working on a fix for this issue.
- June 21, 2018 - Auto-Graphics has added our requested "Electronic Attachment" link directly to patron tracking! Patrons can now login with the information they used to create the request and access their attached documents directly from within Illume as soon as the Lender library shipped the item. This allows patrons to directly access their documents without ILL Staff setting up Patron Email Notices or sending an email notice manually.
- April 19, 2018 - Auto-Graphics has resolved the main issues with copyright notices and patron access that we requested. We now recommend it can be used to provide articles directly to Illume patrons using the Patron Email Notices feature or by copy & pasting the document URL into an email to send to the patron.