[Patron-Initiated ILLs] Using Auto-Graphics feature of Patron Categories, it is now possible to set ILL Request Limits on unauthenticated guest patrons.
Request limits can be set by "number active", "number per week", or "number per month". Patron requests are rejected on the basis of their name (Firstname and Lastname) and their Password/PIN entered during the creation of the requests. For more information check-out the guide with screenshots below or the video tutorial!
|Watch a video tutorial on how to add guest request limits to your Patron-Initiated Interlibrary loan requests. [Includes sound ; Autoplay]||Watch Tutorial [3m42s ; SWF]|
How are requests counted in this feature?
A borrow request is considered active from the time it is submitted by a patron until:
- Returnable (loan) - counted active against a patron's request limits from the moment it's submitted to Awaiting Approval until it's been returned and checked in by the lender library so it's gone to Complete.
- Non-returnable (copy) - counted active against a patron's request limits from the moment it's submitted to Awaiting Approval until it's received by the borrower library so it's gone to Complete.
- Unfilled requests (requests not provided by a Lender library) - will count against a patron's request limit until it's been deleted! For example if you receive a request from a patron in Awaiting Approval and you Cancel the request before it's been approved or filled - this request will count against their limit until it's been deleted manually or by the system (90 days).
How do I set this up?
For example if you would like to allow your guest patrons 5 active ILL requests at one time only:
- Contact us to request Auto-Graphics adds this feature to your site!
- Once available - login with your Administrator account.
- First create a "guest" category within Staff Dashboard > User Admin > Patron Categories > click "Add a Category". The category must be named exactly "guest" in order to apply to the guest patron account. Please check the screenshot below for an example. Don't forget to click "Submit" to save your changes!
- Once you have added your patron category, you can add some ILL request limits under Staff Dashboard > ILL Admin > ILL Request Limits. For example uncheck "No limit" and enter your desired active limit, eg. 5, in the "ILL Limit (do not enter commas)" column.
- Click Submit to save your changes!
- Your guest patrons should now encounter a pop-up when they try to submit additional requests, including Blank Requests, past the active limit. The submit button is removed from their request form after they click "OK" on the pop-up. They must contact library staff instead in order to request additional items.
- Logged in Staff accounts can over-ride this and create additional requests for a patron.
- A patron may already have active requests submitted prior to your library activating ILL request limits. These previously submitted requests should continue on as normal but please let us know if you encounter any processing issues. When the patron receives the pop-up notification it may tell them they are already past the maximum (for example 6 out of a maximum of 5) if they already had more than the maximum active requests.
- The pop-up message cannot currently be changed.
I don't see the "Patron Categories" or "ILL Request Limits" options so how do I activate this feature? Please contact us for assistance! Auto-Graphics has to activate this feature on your library account. Please be aware it can take a few weeks for them to configure this feature for your site.
Guest Patron Request Limits Training
Check-out the e-training tutorial below to learn how to implement guest patron interlibrary loan request limits within Illume. Sound available including additional tips but all necessary steps are included without sound also. Click the Next Step, Replay and Restart buttons to navigate. Available in Flash (.swf) embedded below or HTML5 version coming soon.