You are here
V6 Migration Known Bugs or Issues
The SHAREit Version 6 (V6) is now live and all your requests, logins and settings should be migrated over. We're currently encountering some known issues with certain sections of the V6 software and Auto-Graphics is investigating and working on fixes.
If you are still encountering problems for one of the issues marked as "Fixed" below - please let us know!
- ISO Issues with Will not Supply messages - Some ISO partner libraries (eg. SFU & RRU) have reported that the "Will not Supply" messages they're sending from their ILL software (eg. Relais or VDX) are not being received by SHAREit V6. Therefore requests they cannot supply are remaining in the Borrower's Pending until the ISO site's Days to Respond expires and the request moves on to other lenders. Please contact an ISO library if you want to clarify the status of a request languishing in your Pending. Auto-Graphics is working on a fix for this issue!
- Request Type Error - When staff swap a request type from "Returnable (loan)" to “Non-returnable (copy)” during request creation, the request type reverts to "Returnable (loan)" within the Request Manager. The non-returnable Article field data is not lost and can be displayed again by swapping to "Non-returnable (copy)" within Awaiting Approval. Auto-Graphics is expected to have a fix for this issue in our next update.
- Guest Patron Request Limits - Some sites may be experiencing issues with the guest patron request limits. Please let us know if this feature (if activated for your library) doesn't appear to work for your site and we will submit your information to Auto-Graphics to investigate.
- Blank "Advanced Search" or "Your Favorite Resources": A few libraries have reported that they only see a blank page, when logged in with their Staff account, while viewing the Advanced Search or your account settings "Your Favorite Resources". Please contact us with the account name you're using so we can send it to Auto-Graphics and offer you some work-arounds while A-G investigates the issue.
- Owned by My Library: Some libraries have reported that the "Show Owned By This Library Notification Message" feature may not be working. Auto-Graphics is investigating.
- Scoping & Labelling: Currently the Scoping & Labelling feature of the software may not display categories corrrectly. This is a display issue only and we hope it will be resolved in the future.
- Request This Item "hand icon" button - The request icon shortcut is currently not working for guest patrons on the secondary record results screen after using the Merged or Clustered view. Auto-Graphics is working on the issue. We recommend patrons use the Request this Item button on the Full Details or initial results screen. Staff can also update the patron view to "No Grouping" to show a working shortcut on the non-merged/clustered search results. Contact us for assistance.
- ISBN Searches - The ISBN search index currently has issues searching ISBN fields for both 10 & 13 character ISBNs. Auto-Graphics is expected to have a fix for this issue in our next update.
- Publisher Facet - Currently the publisher facet/filter (left-hand side of results) displays the Place (eg. Toronto) or Year information rather than the Publisher Name. Auto-Graphics is expected to have a fix for this issue in our next update.
- *FIXED October 9th Archival Mixed Materials Bug - All new requests are being created with the "Archival Mixed Materials" format, even if they are books or dvds Auto-Graphics has been notified and applied a temporary fix. Please let us know if any of your requests are still being created with the wrong material type after October 9th!
- *FIXED October 9th* Pick Calendar Issues: The Need-by pick calendar when creating a request is not currently available for logged in Staff or guest patrons (where libraries have allowed them to use it within their Participant Record). Staff can instead update the calendar/date from the request in Awaiting Approval before sending it to lenders. Auto-Graphics is working on the issue.
- *FIXED October 9th* Mobile Browser Page View Permissions: The ILL Staff Page "Illume Support" was visible on mobile browsers to guest patrons. Information on this page is also publicly available on the internet but the link should be hidden unless logged in.
- *FIXED July 31st* Browser Compatiblity: We've received reports that many versions of Firefox (v.44, v.52, v.61 & v.62) that should be supported according to Auto-Graphics, are currently showing errors when requests are submitted (spinning wheel and requests don't submit). Auto-Graphics has investigated the problem and they believe they'll have a fix soon, but in the meantime we recommend updating your Firefox to at least v.66 or using Chrome is possible. Please check-out the chart from A-G to see if your browser should be compatible with SHAREit V6. Note: Internet Explorer is not supported.
- *FIXED July 31st* Blank Request Form Copies Field: The "Number of Copies Needed: (over 1 creates multiple requests)" field should not exist on a Blank Request Form. Auto-Graphics is working on correcting this issue soon!
- *FIXED July 31st* Article Month/Day Stuck: The Article Month/Day gets stuck on "Fall" and "31" no matter what date is chosen.
- *FIXED July 31st* Your List" icon (screenshot below): is occasionally showing on the guest patron screens. This is just a graphical user interface glitch, as saving items to a list is not activated for guest patrons at this time. Clicking the list shows the empty list pop-up. The Auto-Graphics Development Team is working on a fix for this issue.
- *FIXED* Search Indexing - Some searches for known records/items may currently fail due a partial failure of the indexing of our union database. Auto-Graphics is working on the issue and we hope the database will be completely re-indexed again very soon!
- *FIXED* Union Database Updates: Your recent record uploads have not yet been loaded to the union databases due to an issue with the V6 import bibtool. Auto-Graphics is workring on the issue and the backlog of uploaded records will be loaded once the script is fixed. The ShareFile is currently unavailable and we will update the listservs when it's available again.
Please let us know if you encounter any additional bugs or issues with the new software or have any questions!