You are here
Post-Secondary Libraries Procedures for Uploading Records
Post-Secondary Libraries ONLY
Post-Secondary Libraries can transfer files and upload their library’s bibliographic records and holdings to the Illume Union Databases (BC Union Catalogue, ELN Serials Cat, and ELN Media Cat), using Auto-Graphics new ShareFILE system that replaces FTP/SFTP. It’s completely web-based, works with any browser and uses HTTPS for all transfers to a Canadian (Ontario) storage location. Their new file sharing option should address issues of secure transferring and also eliminate the problems associated with FTP clients and DOS or Windows Explorer etc.
Please let us know if you encounter any issues using Auto-Graphics file sharing method.
ShareFILE Procedures for Illume
Once you have downloaded the MARC records from your ILS, complete the following steps:
- File Format and Compressed Files - Ensure that your files are in MARC format. You may wish to compress your downloaded MARC record files. Auto-Graphics accepts .ZIP compressed files.
- File Names - It is important that you identify the files from your library. Use your library’s Illume Library Code as part of the filename. For example, the Vancouver Community College would submit their files:
- for the ELN Media Cat Union Database: bvavmed (where 'bvav' is the library code and 'med' stands for media).
- for the ELN Serials Union Database: bvavser (where 'bvav' is the library code and 'ser' stands for serials).
- for the BC Union Catalogue (formerly OutLook Online) Union Database: bvavout (where ‘bvav’ is the library code and ‘out’ stands for the BC Union Catalogue).
- Uploading Files - Using a Web Browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox)
- Go directly to the new ShareFILE HTTPS web page: https://agcloud.auto-graphics.com/index.php/s/69NkvIDEse6UyMo
- Enter the Password (contact us for the current password or check listserv emails).
- Have the export file of MARC records ready on your desktop or open to the file location.
- Drag and drop the export file from your computer’s folder to the ShareFILE location below the Folders (the FAILEDFILTER, NO_ISSN_ISBN, and REJECTS folders are for A-G error reports only and files should not be dropped inside them).
- OR you can also use the plus (+) button and and click the Upload link to explore for the file on your computer and upload to the top level of the ShareFILE.
- If you have more than one export file to send, repeat the process. When done, close or exit the file share web page.
- Notification - Once you have uploaded your export files to Auto-Graphics ShareFILE site, send an e-mail to <email@example.com> and Ramiro Castillo <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the following information:
- Library name
- Illume Library Code
- Library contact
- Submission date
- Submission method (ie. ShareFILE)
- Addition/Deletion of records, or Full Strip & Reload?
- File name(s)
- Total number of bibliographic records submitted with each file
- MARC tag in the records that contains the call number
Have any questions/concerns? Please contact us for assistance.
Procedures Updated June 5, 2019