You are here
Post-Secondary Libraries Procedures for Uploading Records
Post-Secondary Libraries ONLY
Post-Secondary Libraries can transfer files and upload their library’s bibliographic records and holdings to the Illume "BC Union Catalogue" union database, using Auto-Graphics new ShareFILE system that replaces FTP/SFTP. It’s completely web-based, works with any browser and uses HTTPS for all transfers to a Canadian (Ontario) storage location. Their new file sharing option should address issues of secure transferring and also eliminate the problems associated with FTP clients and DOS or Windows Explorer etc.
Please let us know if you encounter any issues using Auto-Graphics file sharing method.
ShareFILE Procedures for Illume
Once you have downloaded the MARC records from your ILS, complete the following steps:
- File Format and Compressed Files - Ensure that your files are in MARC-8 format. You may wish to compress your downloaded MARC record files. Auto-Graphics accepts .ZIP compressed files.
- File Names - It is important that you identify the files from your library. Use your library’s Illume Library Code as part of the filename. For example, the University of the Fraser Valley (BCLF) would submit their files:
- for the BC Union Catalogue (formerly OutLook Online) Union Database: bclfout (where ‘bclf’ is the library code and ‘out’ stands for the BC Union Catalogue).
- As of April 2021 the ELN Media Cat union database has been retired and libraries should no longer submit records to it.
- As of April 2021 the ELN Serials Cat union database has been retired and libraries (including VPL) should no longer submit records to it.
- Uploading Files - Using a Web Browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox)
- Go directly to the new ShareFILE HTTPS web page: https://agcloud.auto-graphics.com/index.php/s/69NkvIDEse6UyMo
- Enter the Password (contact us for the current password or check listserv emails).
- Have the export file of MARC records ready on your desktop or open to the file location.
- Drag and drop the export file from your computer’s folder to the ShareFILE location below the Folders (the FAILEDFILTER, NO_ISSN_ISBN, and REJECTS folders are for A-G error reports only and files should not be dropped inside them).
- OR you can also use the plus (+) button and and click the Upload link to explore for the file on your computer and upload to the top level of the ShareFILE.
- If you have more than one file to send, repeat the process. When done, close or exit the file share web page. Reminder, records/holdings should only be submitted to the "BC Union Catalogue" union database as "ELN Media Cat "and "ELN Serials Cat" have been retired. Record submissions for retired union databases will be discarded by Auto-Graphics.
- Notification - Once you have uploaded your export files to Auto-Graphics ShareFILE site, send an e-mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Ramiro Castillo <email@example.com> with the following information:
- Library name
- Illume Library Code
- Library contact
- Submission date
- Submission method (ie. ShareFILE)
- Addition/Deletion of records, or Full Strip & Reload?
- File name
- Total number of bibliographic records submitted
- MARC tag in the records that contains the call number
Have any questions/concerns? Please contact us for assistance.
Procedures Updated September 27, 2021