[Lender Lists & ERTI Smart-build] The ERTI Smart-build within the SHAREit software uses a library's primary Preferred and secondary System-wide Lender Lists to organize lender codes based on recommendations from BC ELN, InterLINK and Public Libraries Branch (more info).
In general, Lender Lists are organized to prioritize lending by library-type from smallest-to-largest library (by Community Size or FTE) in order to disperse requests across all libraries within the BCUC consortia. Requests are first always sent to any available libraries with the same library-type (eg. Public-to-Public). Libraries with smaller collections are also given the opportunity to lend items first; allowing libraries serving larger communities to continue to receive significant request numbers (due to larger collections) without being overwhelmed.
Libraries should not make changes to their current Preferred Lender List which is located under your Staff Dashboard > ILL Admin > Preferred Lender List field unless recommended. And libraries cannot make changes to the secondary System-wide lender list which can be viewed under Staff Dashboard > ILL Admin > Participant Record > System Wide.
Please contact us if you have any questions, concerns or feedback about your current placement on the lender lists!
Lender Lists are designed to apply equitable load-leveling to best ensure that ILL requests are evenly distributed to lenders across the entire Illume system. So how does it do this?
- Preferred Lender Lists: The Preferred or primary lender list is used by the software to organize lender codes for your same library-type (Public or Post-secondary) only. Additionally Preferred Lender Lists are optimized by library-type as follows:
- Post-secondary Libraries: Post-secondary preferred lender lists are optimized for Non-returnable (copy) materials (eg. Journal Articles) as this is the majority of their requesting. Requests created by post-secondary libraries will first try all other available academic libraries from smallest-to-largest library by BC ELN FTE, regardless of geographic location or institution-type (eg. College or University). Recommended Copy Preferred Lender Lists are provided to post-secondary institutions via the Illume Support website here: https://illumebc.ca/guides/ps-preferred-lender-lists
- Public Libraries: Public preferred lender lists are optimized geographically for physical Returnable (loan) materials (eg. Print Books) as this is the majority of their requesting. Requests created by public libraries will first try all other available public libraries from smallest-to-largest library within your geographic community. More information available here: https://illumebc.ca/guides/public-preferred-lender-lists
- System-wide Lender List: The secondary "back-up" System-wide Lender List is only used to organize lending for libraries that aren't the same library type.
- Post-secondary Libraries: Any available Public library lenders will be added after post-secondary lenders based on the system-wide lender list. This is because public libraries are not included in your primary academic Preferred Lender List. This means that only the back-up System-wide lender list will be used to pull in any Public library lender codes, from smallest-to-largest library after any academic lender codes are found.
- Public Libraries: Any available Post-secondary library lenders will be added after public lenders based on the system-wide lender list. This is because post-secondary libraries are not included in your primary public Preferred Lender List. This means that only the back-up System-wide lender list will be used to pull in any Post-secondary library lender codes, from smallest-to-largest library after any public lender codes are found. *By request, exceptions have been made for unique collection libraries (eg. Yukon University) to be considered Lenders of Last Resort for public libraries and may be located at the end of public library lender lists instead of by FTE.
- Your recommended primary Preferred Lender List always over-rides the back-up consortial System-Wide Lender List!
Secondary System-wide Lender List order for Post-secondary & Public Libraries
** Reminder that for libraries of the same library-type (eg. Public-to-Public) you will always use your primary Preferred Lender List first which prioritizes requests to go to your same library-type first! **
Your Public Library Lender Order is below. This order will be updated soon according to 2021 census data.
For your Academic library order check your Preferred Lender List instead.
Your Post-secondary Library Lender Order is below.
For your Public library order check your Preferred Lender List instead.
|Library SHAREit Code||Library Name||Library SHAREit Code||Library Name|
|BRHSP||Radium Hot Springs Public Library||BMN||Nicola Valley Institute of Technology|
|BTA||Taylor Public Library||BVAE||Emily Carr University of Art + Design|
|BABM||Alert Bay Public Library||BBAC||Alexander College|
|BGRE||Greenwood Public Library||BDCN||Northern Lights College|
|BKAS||Kaslo & District Public Library||BTEN||Coast Mountain College (Terrace)|
|BIN||Invermere Public Library||BPRC||Coast Mountain College (Prince Rupert)|
|BGRZ||Granisle Public Library||BCRK||College of the Rockies|
|FSJA||Fort St. James Public Library||BRCZ||Royal Roads University|
|BHH||Hudson's Hope Public Library||BCOM||North Island College|
|BBI||Bowen Public Library||BCS||Selkirk College|
|BFRL||Fraser Lake Public Library||BUCW||University Canada West|
|BLP||Lillooet Area Public Library||BPGC||College of New Caledonia|
|BMB||McBride Public Library||BPGCQ||College of New Caledonia|
|VALE||Valemount Public Library||BPGCB||College of New Caledonia|
|BSP||Stewart Public Library||BPGCM||College of New Caledonia|
|BSA||Salmo Public Library||BPGCV||College of New Caledonia|
|BR||Rossland Public Library||BPGCF||College of New Caledonia|
|BPI||Pender Island Public Library||BPGU||University of Northern British Columbia|
|BM||Midway Public Library||BKOC||Okanagan College|
|BVDH||Vanderhoof Public Library||BVAC||Capilano University|
|BH||Houston Public Library||BNM||Vancouver Island University|
|BMK||Mackenzie Public Library||BVAV||Vancouver Community College|
|BNA||Nakusp Public LIbrary||BCLF||University of the Fraser Valley|
|BSPA||Sparwood Public Library||BVAL||Langara College|
|BCHE||Chetwynd Public Library||BVIC||Camosun College|
|BELK||Elkford Public Library||BKCC||Thompson Rivers University|
|BPE||Pemberton & District Public Library||BNWD||Douglas College|
|BPOC||Pouce Coupe Public Library||BSKC||Kwantlen Polytechnic University|
|BHA||Hazelton District Public Library||BBIT||BC Institute of Technology|
|BGF||Grand Forks & District Public Library||BVIV||University of Victoria|
|BFBV||Beaver Valley Public Library||BVAS||Simon Fraser University|
|BS||Smithers Public Library||BVAU||University of British Columbia|
|BTR||Tumbler Ridge Public Library||BLTW||*Trinity Western University|
|BF||Fernie Public Library||BVAJI||*Justice Institute of British Columbia|
|BGI||Gibsons & District Public Library||YWC||*Yukon University|
|BKI||Kimberley Public Library|
|BBUL||Burns Lake Public Library|
|BFN||Fort Nelson Public Library|
|BPRD||Powell River Public Library|
|BGSI||Salt Spring Island Public Library|
|BT||Trail & District Public Library|
|BNE||Nelson Public Library|
|BSE||Sechelt Public Library|
|BW||Whistler Public Library|
|BSQ||Squamish Public Library|
|BKIT||Kitimat Public Library|
|BCRE||Creston Public Library|
|BTE||Terrace Public Library|
|BPR||Prince Rupert Public Library|
|BCR||Cranbrook Public Library|
|BPMP||Port Moody Public Library|
|BCD||Castlegar & District Public Library|
|BFSJ||Fort St. John Public Library|
|BDC||Dawson Creek Municipal Library|
|BP||Penticton Public Library|
|BPG||Prince George Public Library|
|BNV||North Vancouver City Library|
|BCOQ||Coquitlam Public Library|
|BWLC||Cariboo Regional District Library|
|BNVD||North Vancouver District Public Library|
|BNVI||Vancouver Island Regional Library|
|BNW||New Westminster Public Library|
|BKCT||Thompson-Nicola Regional Library|
|BRIZ||Richmond Public Library|
|BWV||West Vancouver Memorial Library|
|BKO||Okanagan Regional Library|
|BVI||Greater Victoria Public Library|
|BABF||Fraser Valley Regional Library|
|BVA||Vancouver Public Library|
|BBGV||*InterLINK Public Library System|
|BVAY||*Decoda Literacy BC|
|*Some libraries with unique collections (eg. InterLINK Media or JIBC) have been moved to lenders of last resort on the secondary System-wide lender list.|
Have any questions/concerns? Please contact us for assistance!