You are here
There is currently one British Columbia union database of library catalogue (MARC) records:
- The "BC Union Catalogue" is the combined library catalogues of BC's public and most post-secondary libraries.
Please note that new records won't be available for search & retrieval until they've been indexed by the SHAREit software every day at 12:30AM. The ELN Serials Cat (serials of post-secondary libraries and Vancouver Public Library) and ELN Media Cat (media collections of post-secondary libraries) union databases were retired April 2021.
Our provincial Resource Sharing system relies on the integrity and accuracy of our tools. Libraries should upload record submissions to the union catalogues regularly, to maintain the integrity and accuracy of the union databases. Lack of regular record submissions may result in increasing interlibrary loan request errors that are directly related to out-dated records and irregular uploads to the union databases. Choose a section below or in the right-hand menu to get started. Contact us for assistance!
- Uploads & ShareFILE including Diagnostic Tools and Public & Post-secondary procedures and guidelines for uploading records.
- Download Records including for cataloguing purposes.
- Matching Algorithms including for BC Union Catalogue (formerly OutLook Online), ELN Media Cat and ELN Serials Cat. *Please note that the ELN Media & Serials Cat union databases are retiring in April 2021 and will no longer be available for searching, requesting or submitting records.
- Submission Logs including consortial Data Input Submission spreadsheets directly from Auto-Graphics and last known update by each library.